Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Mom And Gloryholes

Toast, tomato, pesto. For breakfast.

Attention will be confession: I can not imagine leaving home without even a light breakfast. I know that some people have a problem with anything palatable in the early morning, but I these people do not belong. Further, if you do not eat breakfast, it's getting crabby and can not focus on anything. For me, breakfast, if only slightly, it is necessity.
Today's breakfast, the idea which was spotted here, was light, but very aromatic. Mess on the plate? And who cares it would come in, in front of a fragrant, hot crusty bread, tomatoes, and spread with green pesto?

Grilled tomatoes with pesto and toast
Ingredients:
(for 1 person, I did with a triple batch)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon green pesto
- 1 slice of bread ;

tomatoes, halved. Pesto dilute a bit of water, tomatoes, spread with half the mixture. Bake in a preheated grill for 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, bake the bread in the toaster and apply it to the rest of the pesto. Place on the grilled tomatoes, flattening them slightly, and serve hot.


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment